The Baby Elephant is Thirsty Lap Book, the larger, lap-sized version of Baby Elephant is Thirsty, the river bed has dried up and the elephants must go on the move to find more water. How far do Baby and Mother Elephant need to go before they find water?
Baby Elephant is Thirsty Lap Book is part of the illustrated Baby Elephant Stories Lap Sized Set (8 1/2 x 8 1/2″) and includes: Baby Elephant Goes for a Swim Lap Book, Baby Elephant is Thirsty Lap Book, Baby Elephant Runs Away Lap Book, Lunch for Baby Elephant Lap Book, Berries for Baby Elephant Lap Book, and Baby Elephant’s Trunk Lap Book.
The lap-sized books can be purchased individually and are perfect for small group reading. Baby Elephant Books come in Small Group Reading Sets. These sets include one lap-sized book and six smaller books of the same title.
Baby Elephant Books can also be purchased as smaller (5 3/4 x 5 3/4″) books. The Baby Elephant Stories Set includes: Lunch for Baby Elephant, Baby Elephant’s Trunk, Baby Elephant Goes for a Swim, Baby Elephant Runs Away, Berries for Baby Elephant, and Baby Elephant is Thirsty.
Baby Elephant is Thirsty can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Levels F-H MRB Upper Emergent Reading Set
- The MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- The Accelerated Reader® Early Reader Set
- Small Group Reading Sets
- Baby Elephant Stories
- Baby Elephant Stories Lap Books
- The eBook 75 Membership
- The eBook75 Companion Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Learn more About Baby Elephant.
- Take apart and put back together a Baby Elephant Mixed-Up Sentence.
- Write a Limerick Poem about it. Use Danny’s The Big Race poem for inspiration.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about Baby Elephant.
- Continue the story about Baby Elephant with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Learn more about Danny and his friends in the All About MRB Word Search.
“I love that these books are bigger. Some kids just need more space. The larger words (font) and space between them works for kids who have trouble with a smaller fonts.”
–Lori, teacher from Fond Du Lac, WI