Danny loves all of the colors, but has a special fondness for the color red. Read along to see all of the things Danny has that are red. Danny Likes Red Lap Book is a B leveled, Early Emergent reader. Danny Likes Red Lap Book, the larger, lap-sized version of Danny Likes Red, is the perfect size for reading aloud with children who are just beginning to read on their own.
Danny Likes Red Lap Book is part of the All About Me, Unit 1. The interactions between Danny and Bee, in the specially selected six books, teach emotional awareness, and encourage empathy and self-regulation. Each book’s corresponding lesson plan is tailored to teach the principles of self-sufficiency, emotional awareness, and empathy demonstrated in the books.
Each themed unit consists of six lap-sized (8.5 x 8.5″) books, a coordinating set of detailed, hands-on lesson plans tailored to teach the principles demonstrated in the books, and a My Very Own Danny, featured in the Unit 1 books.
Danny Likes Red can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- All About Me, Unit 1
- Danny Collection
- Danny Leveled Set B
- Danny’s Small Group Reading Set
- The eBook 75 Membership
- The eBook75 Companion Set
- Levels A-C MRB Early Emergent Reading Set
- Meet Danny Set 3
- MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Apples to Apples Word Match
- Write a poem about your favorite color. Use Danny’s I Am Red color poem for inspiration.
- Write a Limerick Poem about Danny. Use Danny’s The Big Race poem for inspiration.
- Write an I Am Poem about Danny. Use Danny’s I Am Danny poem for inspiration.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about Danny.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Organize your Danny books in the classroom with a Danny Doghouse, complete with its own chalkboard roof.
- Print Meet Danny Book Labels for your classroom reading library. Level labels are formatted to print on the Avery Easy Peel® 5160 Labels template.
I am familiar with this book, but I had never seen it in such a large format. It really attracted my attention in a good way! I thought it was a great size for those lower level books when we’re first introducing text features to students and they are developing concepts about print. I liked the size of text and spacing between words. I felt this would be a great start for working on one to one match. The photographs are always very appealing to students. Overall, the MaryRuth Books are structured well for students learning to read.