Danny likes to help. Danny is very good about helping Dad around the house. If Dad needs something done, Danny is right there to lend him a helping paw. Danny Likes to Help Lap Book is a D leveled, Emergent title. Danny Likes to Help Lap Book, the larger, lap-sized version of Danny Likes to Help, is the perfect size for reading aloud with children who are just beginning to read on their own.
Danny Likes to Help Lap Book is part of the Early Childhood Unit 1 Kit: All About Me. The interactions between Danny and Bee, in the specially selected six books, teach emotional awareness, and encourage empathy and self-regulation. Each book’s corresponding lesson plan is tailored to teach the principles of self-sufficiency, emotional awareness, and empathy demonstrated in the books.
Each themed unit consists of six lap-sized (8.5 x 8.5″) books, a coordinating set of detailed, hands-on lesson plans tailored to teach the principles demonstrated in the books, and a My Very Own Danny, featured in the Unit 1 books.
Danny Likes to Help can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Levels D-E MRB Emergent Reading Set
- Danny’s Small Group Reading Set
- All About Me EC Unit 1
- The Danny Collection
- Danny Leveled Set D
- The MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- The Accelerated Reader® Emergent Reader Set
- The eBook 75 Membership
- The eBook75 Companion Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Write a Limerick Poem about Danny. Use Danny’s The Big Race poem for inspiration.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about Danny.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Print Danny! Danny! Danny! Book Labels for your classroom reading library. Level labels are formatted to print on the Avery Easy Peel® 5160 Labels template.