In Danny’s Big Adventure, Dad is going on a trip, but he can’t take Danny with him. While Dad is gone, Danny stays with his friend, Abby. Danny misses Dad, but he and Abby decide to have a big adventure of their own.
Danny’s Big Adventure, the first title in the Danny’s Big Adventure Chapter Books Set, is a J leveled, Early Fluent reader.
Danny’s Big Adventure can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Danny’s Big Adventure Chapter Books Set
- Levels I-M MRB Early Fluent Reading Set
- The MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- The Accelerated Reader® Transitional Reader Set
- Danny has a special Snack Mix that would be a great snack to take on an adventure.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about a scene in Danny’s Big Adventure.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Learn more about Danny and his friends in the All About MRB Word Search.
- Read, Roll, and Chat about Danny’s Big Adventure.
- Use these Writing Tools for comprehension practice.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
Peggy (verified owner) –
I especially liked that the book Danny’s Big Adventure (Level J) looked more like a chapter book. The “chapter book” is a goal for many young readers! I also liked that this book was longer and that the photographs were smaller. Both of these things at a higher level (J) help build stamina and prepare students for more challenging text.