It is almost Danny’s birthday. He is so excited and cannot wait to open his birthday presents. What does Danny wish for on his birthday? Danny’s Birthday Wishes Lap Book is a D leveled, Emergent title. Danny’s Birthday Wishes Lap Book, the larger, lap-sized version of Danny’s Birthday Wishes, is the perfect size for reading aloud with children who are just beginning to read on their own.
Danny’s Birthday Wishes Lap Book is part of the Early Childhood Unit 1 Kit: All About Me. Each book’s corresponding lesson plan encourages self-awareness by helping students compare what is alike, and what is different, between them and their peers. Using hands-on activities, the students will create their own “All About Me” book to share with classmates and families. Each themed unit consists of six lap-sized (8.5 x 8.5″) books and a coordinating set of detailed, hands-on lesson plans tailored to teach the principles demonstrated in the books. Unit 1 Kit: All About Me comes with the 9.75″ My Very Own Danny Dog to use during classroom story times, or just for fun!
The lap-sized books may also be purchased individually and are perfect for small group reading with students.
Danny’s Birthday Wishes can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Levels D-E MRB Emergent Reading Set
- Danny’s Small Group Reading Set
- Danny’s Birthday Set
- All About Me EC Unit 1
- The Danny Collection
- Danny Leveled Set D
- The MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- The Accelerated Reader® Emergent Reader Set
- The eBook 75 Membership
- The eBook75 Companion Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Print a Danny’s Birthday Wishes Story Strip.
- Celebrate a special birthday with Color-Your-Own Birthday Cupcakes!
- Get in a birthday mood with Danny’s Birthday Cupcake Word Ladder.
- Write a List Poem for your birthday. Use Danny’s Birthday List poem for inspiration.
- It’s a Birthday Party What’s Happening Here?
- Write a Limerick Poem about Danny. Use Danny’s The Big Race poem for inspiration.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about Danny.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Organize your Danny books in the classroom with a Danny Doghouse, complete with its own chalkboard roof.
- Print Danny Days Book Labels for your classroom reading library. Level labels are formatted to print on the Avery Easy Peel® 5160 Labels template.
“I love that these books are bigger. Some kids just need more space. The larger words (font) and space between them works for kids who have trouble with a smaller fonts.”
–Lori, teacher from Fond Du Lac, WI