In Danny’s New Toy, it’s Danny’s birthday and he receives an extra special present. He opens it to find an extra special friend. Who could it be? Danny ‘s New Toy Lap Book is an E leveled, Emergent title. Danny’s New Toy Lap Book is a larger, lap-sized version of Danny’s New Toy, and is the perfect size for reading aloud with children who are just beginning to read on their own.
Danny’s New Toy Lap Book is part of the Early Childhood Unit 2 Kit: Playing and Learning Together. The interactions between Danny and Bee, in the specially selected six books, teach emotional awareness, and encourage empathy and self-regulation. Each book’s corresponding lesson plan is tailored to teach the principles of self-sufficiency, emotional awareness, and empathy demonstrated in the books.
Each themed unit consists of six lap-sized (8.5 x 8.5″) books, a coordinating set of detailed, hands-on lesson plans tailored to teach the principles demonstrated in the books, and a My Very Own Mini Bee, just like Danny’s toy, Bee, featured in the Unit 2 books.
Danny’s New Toy can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Levels D-E MRB Emergent Reading Set
- Danny’s Small Group Reading Set
- Danny’s Birthday Set
- More Fun with Danny Set 2
- Playing and Learning Together EC Unit 2
- The MRB Menagerie
- The Danny Collection
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- The Accelerated Reader® Emergent Reader Set
- The eBook 75 Membership
- The eBook75 Companion Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Celebrate a special birthday with Color-Your-Own Birthday Cupcakes!
- Get in a birthday mood with Dannys Birthday Cupcake Word Ladder.
- Write a List Poem for your birthday. Use Danny’s Birthday List poem for inspiration.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about Danny.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Organize your Danny books in the classroom with a Danny Doghouse, complete with its own chalkboard roof.
- Print More Fun with Danny Book Labels for your classroom reading library. Level labels are formatted to print on the Avery Easy Peel® 5160 Labels template.
“I love that these books are bigger. Some kids just need more space. The larger words (font) and space between them works for kids who have trouble with a smaller fonts.”
–Lori, teacher from Fond Du Lac, WI