In Danny’s Rocket Lap Book, Danny wants to make a rocket that flies to the moon. Unfortunately, he is too big to ride on the rocket. Who can he get to go in his place? Danny’s Rocket Lap Book is a G leveled, Upper Emergent, lap-sized title. Danny’s Rocket Lap Book, the larger, lap-sized version of Danny’s Rocket, is the perfect size for reading aloud with children who are just beginning to read on their own.
Danny’s Rocket Lap Book is part of the is part of the Playing and Learning Together, Unit 2. The interactions between Danny and Bee, in the specially selected six books, teach emotional awareness, and encourage empathy and self-regulation. Each book’s corresponding lesson plan is tailored to teach the principles of self-sufficiency, emotional awareness, and empathy demonstrated in the books.
Each themed unit consists of six lap-sized (8.5 x 8.5″) books, a coordinating set of detailed, hands-on lesson plans tailored to teach the principles demonstrated in the books, and a My Very Own Mini Bee, just like Danny’s toy, Bee, featured in the Unit 2 books.
Danny’s Rocket can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Accelerated Reader® Emergent Reader Set
- Danny Collection
- Danny Days Set 7
- Danny Leveled Set G
- Danny’s Small Group Reading Set
- The eBook 75 Membership
- The eBook75 Companion Set
- Levels F-H MRB Upper Emergent Reading Set
- MRB Menagerie
- Playing and Learning Together, Unit 2
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- The full-color 18 x 24″ Open a Book and DREAM Poster features a picture of Danny and Bee from Danny’s Rocket.
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Write a Limerick Poem about Danny. Use Danny’s The Big Race poem for inspiration.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about Danny.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Organize your Danny books in the classroom with a Danny Doghouse, complete with its own chalkboard roof.
- Print Danny Days Book Labels for your classroom reading library. Level labels are formatted to print on the Avery Easy Peel® 5160 Labels template.
“I love that these books are bigger. Some kids just need more space. The larger words (font) and space between them works for kids who have trouble with a smaller fonts.”
–Lori, teacher from Fond Du Lac, WI