Help young students make the most of time away from the classroom by encouraging them to continue practicing their reading and developing writing skills with a collection of specially selected At-Home items. The Early Fluent At-Home Reading and Writing Kit includes:
- Six titles (Levels I-M) appropriate for Early Fluent readers with free downloadable lesson plans
- Two Danny and Bee Writing Journals (one green, unlined version and one red, lined version)
- Six assorted postcards to keep in touch with teachers and other classmates
- Six bookmarks so readers never lose their place
- One pack of 36 Danny + Friends Stickers for fun and writing inspiration
All the goodies can be stored or easily transported in the brightly colored The Chickens and the Fox tote bag, that is included as part of the kit.
Extended Early Fluent Reading and Writing for an Extended Break from the Classroom
Titles included in the Early Fluent At-Home Reading and Writing Kit are:
- 5.5 x 8″ titles Danny and Norman’s Favorite Knock Knock Jokes (17/I), Camping Out (18/J), and All My Friends (19/K)
- and the nonfiction/informational 7.25 x 6.25″ title Cheetahs at the Zoo (14/I) and 10 x 8″ titles Danny and the Monarch Butterfly (15/I), Danny’s Special Tree (20/M)
Early Fluent Readers
Early Fluent readers recognize that reading has a variety of purposes and reading different kinds of books is enjoyable for distinct reasons. They should be reading both fiction and nonfiction/informational books. Reading informational books provides a different type of literacy benefit to early readers. Reading nonfiction helps young students develop background knowledge, which increases their comprehension ability by enabling them to make sense of new ideas. Additionally, informational texts have the potential to motivate students to read more by tapping into their personal interests. Encouraging students to explore a broad array of informational texts can help them see that the real world is as interesting and amazing as any fictional one. MaryRuth Books offers many fiction and nonfiction/informational leveled readers, suggested and used by Reading Recovery® and Guided Reading educators, when teaching Early Fluent readers.
• Download lesson plans for the Early Fluent At-Home Reading and Writing Kit