In Spy Danny Lap Book, the larger, lap-sized version of Spy Danny, Danny and Bee are trying to solve the mystery of the disappearing flowers. They use their handy-dandy spy kit to look for clues. Will they solve the mystery? This lap-sized book is the perfect size for reading aloud with children who are just beginning to read on their own. Spy Danny Lap Book is an I leveled, Early Fluent reader.
Spy Danny Lap Book is part of the Early Childhood Unit 2 Kit: Playing and Learning Together. The interactions between Danny and Bee, in the specially selected six books, teach emotional awareness, and encourage empathy and self-regulation. Each book’s corresponding lesson plan is tailored to teach the principles of self-sufficiency, emotional awareness, and empathy demonstrated in the books.
Each themed unit consists of six lap-sized (8.5 x 8.5″) books, a coordinating set of detailed, hands-on lesson plans tailored to teach the principles demonstrated in the books, and a My Very Own Mini Bee, just like Danny’s toy, Bee, featured in the Unit 2 books.
Spy Danny can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Levels F-H MRB Upper Emergent Reading Set
- Danny’s Small Group Reading Set
- Playing and Learning Together EC Unit 2
- The Danny Collection
- Danny Leveled Set I-J
- The MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- The Accelerated Reader® Early Reader Set
- The eBook 75 Membership
- The eBook75 Companion Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Be a Word Detective.
- Write a Limerick Poem about Danny. Use Danny’s The Big Race poem for inspiration.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about Danny.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Print Danny! Danny! Danny! Book Labels for your classroom reading library. Level labels are formatted to print on the Avery Easy Peel® 5160 Labels template.
“I love that these books are bigger. Some kids just need more space. The larger words (font) and space between them works for kids who have trouble with a smaller fonts.”
–Lori, teacher from Fond Du Lac, WI