Since meeting the chickens and the fox in the first title of the popular series, Chickens and the Fox, young readers have seen the sly fox try over and over to outwit the clever chickens. In The Drone, the fox thinks it’s his lucky day when he finds a drone. It will take all of the chickens, joining together, to foil his plan. The Drone is a Level F, Upper Emergent Reader.
The Drone can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Chickens and the Fox
- The eBook 75 Membership
- The eBook75 Companion
- Emergent Accelerated Reader®
- Levels F-H MRB Upper Emergent
- MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books
- Use these directions to make a Chickens and Fox Animal Cracker Box to store your farm books.
- Make a set of DIY farm animal stick puppets and put on a show about your farm animals.
- Take apart the Chicken School Mixed-Up Sentence and put it back together again.
- Go from a chicken to a fox with our Chicken and Fox Word Ladder.
- Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Try our Chicken or Egg Word Ladder.
- Look in the chickens’ coop and figure out What’s Happening Here?
- Visit a farm, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about the chickens and the fox.
- Continue the stories with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Learn more about Danny and his friends in the All About MRB Word Search.