Donkeys are very social. Male donkeys are called jacks and female donkeys are called jennies. A donkey’s long ears help them to hear sounds from as far as 60 miles away and also help keep them cool by releasing heat. Donkeys, part of the nonfiction/informational Favorite Farm Animals set, is a Level D, Emergent Reader.
Donkeys can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Favorite Farm Animals
- Levels D-E MRB Emergent Reading Set
- MRB Menagerie
- Nonfiction/Informational 50 Title Collection
- Use these directions to make a Farm Animal Cracker Box to store your farm books.
- Hee-haw! Complete the donkey’s Hee Haw Word Ladder.
- Make a set of DIY farm animal stick puppets and put on a show about your farm animals.
- Visit a farm, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Create a Comic Speech Bubble about an animal on the farm.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Learn more about Danny and his friends in the All About MRB Word Search.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Organize your Danny books in the classroom with a Danny Doghouse, complete with its chalkboard roof.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.