In Danny’s Tadpoles, Danny puts tadpoles in a bowl and watches them become frogs. The last page of the book is a simple diagram of the life cycle of a frog. Danny’s Tadpoles, part of I Dream of Danny Set 14, is a Level D, Emergent Reader. Studying a life cycle when reading offers a perfect opportunity to meet cross-curriculum standards in the primary classroom. and combine fiction and nonfiction.
Danny’s Tadpoles can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Accelerated Reader® Emergent Reader
- Danny Collection
- Danny Leveled Set D
- Danny Leveled Set G
- Decodable Practice
- I Dream of Danny Set 14
- Levels D-E MRB Emergent Reading
- Levels F-H MRB Upper Emergent Reading
- MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Print and make the Frog Flip Book.
- Complete the Frog Life Cycle Writing Organizer.
- Print a Danny’s Tadpoles Story Strip.
- Write a Cinquain. Use Danny’s Tadpole poem for inspiration.
- Write a Limerick Poem about Danny. Use Danny’s The Big Race poem for inspiration.
- Write a Diamante Poem about Norman and Danny.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Create a Comic Speech Bubble about Norman.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Print I Dream of Danny Book Labels for your classroom reading library. Level labels are formatted to print on the Avery Easy Peel® 5160 Labels template.