Cows like to do many things around the farm, as well as make unique sounds while doing them. In Cows, learn about how cows eat, move, and communicate on a farm. Cows, part of the Favorite Farm Animals set, is a nonfiction/informational, Level C, Early Emergent Reader.
Cows can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Accelerated Reader® Emergent Reader
- Favorite Farm Animals
- Levels A-C MRB Early Emergent Reading
- MRB Menagerie
- Nonfiction/Informational 50 Title Collection
- Paired-Farm Collection
- Reading Recovery® Books
- Complete our Moo Cow Word Ladder.
- Use these directions to make a Farm Animal Cracker Box to store your farm books.
- Make a set of DIY farm animal stick puppets and put on a show about your farm animals.
- Visit a farm, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Organize what you know and what you’ve learned with our KWL Chart.
- Create a Comic Speech Bubble about a farm animal.
- Read, Roll, and Chat about the story, setting, and characters.
- Use these Writing Tools for writing and comprehension practice.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Learn more about Danny and his friends in the All About MRB Word Search.
- Organize your Danny books in the classroom with a Danny Doghouse, complete with a chalkboard roof.