When a farmer leaves his yellow coat on the fence, some curious cows give it a new use. In The Yellow Coat, what happens to the farmer’s yellow coat? The Yellow Coat, part of the illustrated Down on the Farm Set, is a C leveled, Early Emergent reader.
The Yellow Coat can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Levels A-C MRB Early Emergent Reading Set
- Down on the Farm Set
- MRB Menagerie
- Paired-Farm Collection
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- Use these directions to make a Farm Animal Cracker Box to store your farm books.
- Complete our Moo Cow Word Ladder.
- Make a set of DIY farm animal stick puppets and put on a show about your farm animals.
- Write a poem about the farmer’s yellow coat. Use Danny’s I Am Red color poem for inspiration.
- Visit a farm, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about a farmer or a cow.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Learn more about Danny and his friends in the All About MRB Word Search.