Porter is a literacy Therapy Dog who helps children practice their reading. He also appears in the MRB titles: Danny and the Big Race (Set 12, Danny By the Dozen), Oh No, Norman! (Set 14, I Dream of Danny), All My Friends (Danny’s Big Adventure Chapter Books), and Danny and Norman’s Favorite Knock Knock Jokes.
Porter The Therapy Dog is part of the Out And About set of realistic fiction stories. The stories resemble real life and everyday situations. Realistic fiction provides a different type of literacy benefit to early readers. Stories take place in a believable setting and closely resemble real life. Reading stories that are classified as realistic fiction can help students better understand themselves and the world. Porter The Therapy Dog is a Level E, Emergent Reader.
Out and About Books can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- The eBook 75 Membership
- The eBook75 Companion
- Levels D-E MRB Emergent Reading
- MRB Menagerie
- Out And About
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Write a Limerick Poem. Use Danny’s The Big Race poem for inspiration.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about Porter.
- Organize your Danny books in the classroom with a Danny Doghouse, complete with its own chalkboard roof.