In Danny’s Special Tree, Danny relaxes beneath his favorite red maple tree in the backyard and thinks about all of the wonderful things that come from trees. Danny’s Special Tree is an M leveled, Early Fluent, informational, lap-sized book.
Danny’s Special Tree is a Danny Science Book. The titles in the Danny Science Book series gently introduce students to simple informational texts and the scientific concepts used to study the natural world and the relationships between organisms and their environments. The lap-size science themed books, Danny and the Monarch Butterfly and Danny’s Special Tree, explain basic ideas about nature. Each book contains original photography and a glossary of new terms to acquaint Early Fluent readers with concepts like metamorphosis and photosynthesis.
Danny’s Special Tree can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Accelerated Reader® Transitional Reader Set
- Danny Collection
- Levels I-M MRB Early Fluent Reading Set
- MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Explore More About Trees.
- Learn how to Examine Flowers Like a Scientist.
- Print The Woods Story Strip with an activity sheet.
- Get in touch with your senses with our Seasonal Scavenger Hunts.
- Write a Diamante Poem about nature and science.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about Scientist Danny.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Print Scientist Danny Book Labels for your classroom reading library. Level labels are formatted to print on the Avery Easy Peel® 5160 Labels template.
I am beginning my third year of teaching first grade in South Washington County. The students LOVE Danny! We have so much success in using these because the students have fun discussing them. I integrate science and math into my literacy as much as possible, so any book with topics related to these subjects is helpful. The look of the Danny books are great! The font is the perfect size, the photos are fun, and the titles are clear. Thank you for these excellent resources!
I love all aspects of your books and am especially grateful for the new non fiction books you have put out and are continuing to create.