In Autumn in the Woods, Danny and Bee take a walk through the autumn woods near their home. Everywhere they look they see the forest plants and animals getting ready for winter. Autumn in the Woods features original photography and has a glossary of new terms. The inside back cover includes instructions for young naturalists on how to make a paper-bag field journal to take with them when they go exploring. Autumn in the Woods, part of the In the Woods with Danny and Bee Set, is a nonfiction/informational, H leveled, Upper Emergent reader.
Autumn in the Woods can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Accelerated Reader® Early Reader Set
- Danny Collection
- Danny Leveled Set H
- In the Woods with Danny and Bee
- Levels F-H MRB Upper Emergent Reading Set
- MRB Menagerie
- Nonfiction/Informational 50 Title Collection
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Read The Woods Story Strip about animals you’d find in the woods.
- It’s November. Look at Danny’s Window Hidden Picture to see what Danny sees.
- Autumn begins with the September Equinox.
- Learn about Migration.
- Print and play Autumn BINGO.
- Color the Fall in Love with Reading sheet.
- Go on one of our Seasonal Scavenger Hunts.
- A Haiku Poem is a short poem about nature. Write a Haiku using Norman and Bee’s Haiku for inspiration.
- Write an Acrostic Poem about autumn. Use Danny’s Autumn Acrostic poem for inspiration.
- Explore the woods in autumn, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about animals you’d find while exploring the woods.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Download a complete list of Glossary Words introduced in our nonfiction/informational titles.