In Birds Around the Pond, discover some of the fascinating types of birds that make their homes around the pond. Birds Around the Pond, part of the Around the Pond Set, is a nonfiction/informational, Level H, Upper Emergent Reader.
Birds Around the Pond can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Around the Pond
- Early Accelerated Reader®
- Levels F-H MRB Upper Emergent Reading
- MRB Menagerie
- Nonfiction/Informational 50 Title Collection
- Reading Recovery® Books
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Practice Bird Words.
- Complete a Birds Dot-to-Dot.
- Learn about Migration.
- Print and make a Pink Flamingo Bird Book.
- Go on one of our Seasonal Scavenger Hunts.
- Write a Cinquain Poem. Use Danny’s Tadpole Cinquain poem for inspiration.
- Explore around the birds around pond, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Create a Comic Speech Bubble about birds you’d find while exploring around the pond.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Learn more about Danny and his friends in the All About MRB Word Search.
- Organize your Danny books in the classroom with a Danny Doghouse, complete with a chalkboard roof.
- Download a complete list of Glossary Words introduced in our nonfiction/informational titles.
- Print Around the Pond Book Labels for your classroom reading library. Level labels will print on the Avery Easy Peel® 5160 Labels template.