Learn about flamingos, the unique birds with pink feathers, curved beaks, and long legs. Did you know that a group of flamingos are called a flamboyance? Although 4-5 feet tall, adult flamingos only weigh 4-5 pounds. Flamingos at the Zoo, part of the At the Zoo Set 2, is a nonfiction/informational, Level G, Upper Emergent Reader.
The 16 book Zoo Collection includes a copy of each title in the four At the Zoo sets. Each title features original photography and includes a glossary of subject-specific words.
- At the Zoo Set 1: Giraffes at the Zoo, Tigers at the Zoo, Brown Bears at the Zoo, Elephants at the Zoo
- At the Zoo Set 2: Penguins at the Zoo, Flamingos at the Zoo, Rhinoceroses at the Zoo, Polar Bears at the Zoo
- At the Zoo Set 3: Red Pandas at the Zoo, Tortoises at the Zoo, Lions at the Zoo, Cheetahs at the Zoo
- At the Zoo Set 4: Calves at the Zoo, Cubs at the Zoo, Loud and Quiet at the Zoo, Stripes at the Zoo
Flamingos at the Zoo can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- At the Zoo Set 2
- The eBook 75 Membership
- The eBook75 Companion
- Levels F-H MRB Upper Emergent Reading
- MRB Menagerie
- Nonfiction/Informational 50 Title Collection
- Reading Recovery® Books
- Transitional Accelerated Reader®
- Zoo Collection
- Use these directions to make our Zoo Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Design a Zoo Sign for a flamingo at the zoo.
- Make a Pink Flamingo Bird Book.
- Honk! Here is a pink flamingo. Practice -nk words with a flamingo coloring activity.
- Complete some Flamingos at the Zoo Word Work Activities.
- What is the difference between an Herbivore, Carnivore and Omnivore?
- Fill out a KWL Chart comparing what you know and what you’ve learned about flamingos.
- Explore more Classroom Activities about zoo animals.
- Write a Cinquain Poem about a flamingo. Use Danny’s Tadpole Cinquain poem for inspiration.
- Explore around the zoo, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about animals you’d find while exploring the zoo.
- Continue the zoo story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Download a complete list of Glossary Words introduced in our nonfiction/informational titles.
- Print The Zoo Collection Book Labels for your classroom reading library. Level labels are formatted to print on the Avery Easy Peel® 5160 Labels template.