Octopuses are most well-known for their intelligence, unusual round bodies, and eight long, sucker-covered arms. The Octopus at the Aquarium is a nonfiction/informational, Level G, Upper Emergent Reader.
The Aquarium Collection features amazing sea animals found at the aquarium: Beluga Whales, Jellies, the Manatee, the Moray Eel, the Octopus, Sea Turtles, Seahorses, and Sharks. The original photography, factual information, labeled illustrations, and glossaries of subject-specific words will engage and propel aspiring marine biologists everywhere.
The Octopus at the Aquarium can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Aquarium Collection
- At the Aquarium Set 1
- Levels F-H MRB Upper Emergent Reading Set
- MRB Menagerie
- Nonfiction/Informational 50 Title Collection
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- Use these directions to make an Aquarium Animal Cracker Box to store your aquarium books.
- Make a set of Aquarium Animal Stick Puppets and put on a show about your aquarium animals.
- Color your own Aquarium.
- Cut apart and put back together a Mixed-Up Sentence about a beluga whale.
- Danny has a special Snack Mix that features fish.
- Visit an aquarium, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Organize what you know and what you’ve learned about the octopus with our KWL Chart.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about an octopus.
- What do an octopus and a book have in common?
- Watch this sleeping octopus, turning colors as she dreams.
- Download a complete list of Glossary Words introduced in our nonfiction/informational titles.