Read about the sea turtle and how it lives in the ocean in Sea Turtles at the Aquarium. Like other turtles, sea turtles have a hard shell that acts like armor to keep them safe from predators. They spend most of their lives in the water. They travel long distances using their strong paddle-like flippers to swim. Turtles have been around for 215 million years, but today many kinds of turtles are endangered. We need to look after turtles and help keep them safe.
The At the Aquarium Collection features amazing sea animals found at the aquarium: Beluga Whales, Jellies, the Manatee, the Moray Eel, the Octopus, Sea Turtles, Seahorses, and Sharks. The original photography, factual information, labeled illustrations, and glossaries of subject-specific words will engage and propel aspiring marine biologists everywhere.
Sea Turtles at the Aquarium can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Levels I-M MRB Early Fluent Reading Set
- At the Aquarium Collection
- At the Aquarium Set 2
- Nonfiction/Informational 50 Title Collection
- The MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- Use these directions to make an Aquarium Animal Cracker Box to store your aquarium books.
- Make a set of Aquarium Animal Stick Puppets and put on a show about your aquarium animals.
- Color your own Aquarium.
- Compare turtles and tortoises with this Turtles & Tortoises Venn Diagram Activity.
- Cut apart and put back together a Mixed-Up Sentence about a beluga whale.
- Danny has a special Snack Mix that features fish.
- Visit an aquarium, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Organize what you know and what you’ve learned about sea turtles with our KWL Chart.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about a sea turtle.
- Download a complete list of Glossary Words introduced in our nonfiction/informational titles.
There are no reviews yet.