In Danny and the Monarch Butterfly, Danny visits the garden every day and watches with amazement as a caterpillar slowly transforms into a beautiful butterfly. Danny and the Monarch Butterfly is an I leveled, Early Fluent, informational, lap-sized book.
Danny and the Monarch Butterfly is a Danny Science Book. The titles in the Danny Science Book series gently introduce students to simple informational texts and the scientific concepts used to study the natural world and the relationships between organisms and their environments. The lap-size science themed books, Danny and the Monarch Butterfly and Danny’s Special Tree, explain basic ideas about nature. Each book contains original photography and a glossary of new terms to acquaint Early Fluent readers with concepts like metamorphosis and photosynthesis.
Danny and the Monarch Butterfly can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Accelerated Reader® Transitional Reader Set
- Danny Collection
- Danny Leveled Set M
- Levels I-M MRB Early Fluent Reading Set
- MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- Story Sequencing Cards Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Complete a Timeline Wheel Graphic Organizer to list information in sequential order
- Use our Poster of Danny with a Monarch Butterfly perched on his forehead to decorate your classroom.
- Learn how to Examine Flowers Like a Scientist.
- Print The Woods Story Strip with an activity sheet.
- Get in touch with your senses with our Seasonal Scavenger Hunts.
- Write a Diamante Poem about nature and science.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about Scientist Danny.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Print Scientist Danny Book Labels for your classroom reading library. Level labels are formatted to print on the Avery Easy Peel® 5160 Labels template.