Chickens like to do many things around the farm, as well as make funny sounds while doing them. Read Chickens and discover what chickens do on a farm. Chickens, part of the Favorite Farm Animals set, is a nonfiction/informational, Level C, Early Emergent Reader.
Chickens can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Favorite Farm Animals
- Levels A-C MRB Early Emergent Reading
- MRB Menagerie
- Nonfiction/Informational 50 Title Collection
- Paired-Farm Collection
- Reading Recovery® Books
- Use these directions to make a Farm Animal Cracker Box to store your farm books.
- Make a set of DIY farm animal stick puppets and put on a show about your farm animals.
- Take apart the Chicken School Mixed-Up Sentence and put it back together again.
- Go from a chicken to a fox with our Chicken and Fox Word Ladder.
- Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Figure it out with the Chicken or Egg Word Ladder.
- Look in the coop and figure out What’s Happening Here?
- Visit a farm, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Organize what you know and what you’ve learned about chickens with our KWL Chart.
- Create a Comic Speech Bubble about a chicken.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Continue the stories with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Learn more about Danny and his friends in the All About MRB Word Search.