In Turtles Around the Pond, follow a painted turtle from a sunny spot on a log in the middle of the pond to the grassy shore where he meets an unexpected and curious new friend. Learn about turtles and why they like to live around a pond. Turtles Around the Pond, part of the nonfiction/informational Around the Pond Set, is a C leveled, Early Emergent reader.
Turtles Around the Pond can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Levels A-C MRB Early Emergent Reading Set
- Around the Pond Set
- Nonfiction/Informational 50 Title Collection
- The MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- The Accelerated Reader® Emergent Reader Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Compare turtles and tortoises with this Turtles & Tortoises Venn Diagram Activity.
- Organize what you know and what you’ve learned about turtles with our KWL Chart.
- Why did turtles develope shells?
- Write a Cinquain Poem about turtles. Use Danny’s Tadpole Cinquain poem for inspiration.
- Explore around the pond, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about turtles.
- Download a complete list of Glossary Words introduced in our nonfiction/informational titles.
- Print Around the Pond Book Labels for your classroom reading library. Level labels are formatted to print on the Avery Easy Peel® 5160 Labels template.