A pond is a small body of still, fresh water surrounded by land. Usually ponds contain shallow water, with marsh and aquatic plants and animals. In The Pond, meet some of the animals who live in and around a pond. The Pond, part of the Let’s Explore Set, is a B leveled, Early Emergent, nonfiction reader.
Learn more about the animals that live around the pond in our Around the Pond Set of four books: Counting Frogs Around the Pond, Turtles Around the Pond, Canada Geese Around the Pond, and Birds Around the Pond.
The Pond can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Levels A-C MRB Early Emergent Reading Set
- Let’s Explore Set
- Nonfiction/Informational 50 Title Collection
- The MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Learn more about the Frog’s Life Cycle.
- Print and make a Frog Flip Book.
- Go on one of our Seasonal Scavenger Hunts.
- Write a Cinquain Poem about an animal found around the pond. Use Danny’s Tadpole Cinquain poem for inspiration.
- Explore around the pond, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about animals you’d find while exploring around the pond.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Download a complete list of Glossary Words introduced in our nonfiction/informational titles.