A woods is an area of land, smaller than a forest, which is covered with growing trees. Many plants and animals call this area their home. In The Woods, meet some of the animals who live among the trees. The Woods, part of the Let’s Explore Set, is a nonfiction/informational, Level B, Early Emergent Reader.
The Woods can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Let’s Explore Set
- Levels A-C MRB Early Emergent Reading Set
- MRB Menagerie
- Nonfiction/Informational 50 Title Collection
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Read The Woods Story Strip about woodland animals.
- Do the Turkey Trot with our Turkey Trot Word Ladder.
- Autumn begins with the September Equinox.
- Learn about Migration.
- Color the Fall in Love with Reading sheet.
- Go on one of our Seasonal Scavenger Hunts.
- Write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Create a Comic Speech Bubble about woodland animals.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Organize your Danny books in the classroom with a Danny Doghouse, complete with its chalkboard roof.
- Download a complete list of Glossary Words introduced in our nonfiction/informational titles.