A woods is an area of land, smaller than a forest, that is covered with growing trees. Many plants and animals call the woods their home. In The Woods, meet some of the animals who live in the woods. The Woods, part of the Let’s Explore Set, is a B leveled, Early Emergent, nonfiction reader.
The Woods can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Levels A-C MRB Early Emergent Reading Set
- Let’s Explore Set
- Nonfiction/Informational 50 Title Collection
- The MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Read The Woods Story Strip about animals you’d find in the woods.
- Autumn begins with the September Equinox.
- Learn about Migration.
- Color the Fall in Love with Reading sheet.
- Go on one of our Seasonal Scavenger Hunts.
- Explore the woods, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about animals you’d find while exploring the woods.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Download a complete list of Glossary Words introduced in our nonfiction/informational titles.