In Spring in the Woods, Danny and Bee take a walk through the local woods in early spring. During their walk, they find out that spring is an exciting time of change in the woods. Spring in the Woods features original photography and has a glossary of new terms. The inside back cover includes instructions for young naturalists on how to make a paper-bag field journal to take with them when they go exploring. Spring in the Woods, part of the In the Woods with Danny and Bee Set, is a nonfiction/informational, H leveled, Upper Emergent reader.
Spring in the Woods can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Accelerated Reader® Early Reader Set
- Danny Collection
- Danny Leveled Set H
- In the Woods with Danny and Bee Set
- Levels F-H MRB Upper Emergent Reading Set
- MRB Menagerie
- Nonfiction/Informational 50 Title Collection
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Read The Woods Story Strip about animals you’d find in the woods.
- Make a Spring Basket.
- Learn about Migration.
- Color the May Bouquet sheet.
- Go on one of our Seasonal Scavenger Hunts.
- Search for signs of the season with our Spring Scavenger Hunt.
- Examine Flowers like a scientist.
- Find our handy Bee-Friendly Herb Growing Table and get directions for Growing Herbs For Honeybees.
- A Haiku Poem is a short poem about nature. Write a Haiku using Norman and Bee’s Haiku for inspiration.
- Write an Acrostic Poem about spring. Use Danny’s Autumn Acrostic poem for inspiration.
- Explore the woods in spring, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about animals you’d find while exploring the woods.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Download a complete list of Glossary Words introduced in our nonfiction/informational titles.