In Spring in the Woods, Danny and Bee take a walk through the local woods in early spring and find that it is an exciting time of change in the woods. Spring in the Woods features original photography and has a glossary of new terms. The inside back cover includes instructions for young naturalists on how to make a paper-bag field journal to take with them when they go exploring. Spring in the Woods, part of In the Woods with Danny and Bee Set, is a nonfiction/informational, Level H, Upper Emergent Reader.
Spring in the Woods can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Danny Collection
- Danny Leveled Set H
- Early Accelerated Reader®
- In the Woods with Danny and Bee
- Levels F-H MRB Upper Emergent Reading
- MRB Menagerie
- Nonfiction/Informational 50 Title Collection
- Reading Recovery® Books
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Read The Woods Story Strip about animals you’d find in the woods.
- Make a Spring Basket.
- Learn about Migration.
- Color the May Bouquet sheet.
- Go on one of our Seasonal Scavenger Hunts.
- Search for signs of the season with our Spring Scavenger Hunt.
- Examine Flowers like a scientist.
- Find our handy Bee-Friendly Herb Growing Table and get directions for Growing Herbs For Honeybees.
- A Haiku Poem is a short poem about nature. Write a Haiku using Norman and Bee’s Haiku for inspiration.
- Write an Acrostic Poem about spring. Use Danny’s Autumn Acrostic poem for inspiration.
- Explore the woods in spring, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Create a Comic Speech Bubble about animals you’d find while exploring the woods.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Download a complete list of Glossary Words introduced in our nonfiction/informational titles.