In Entomologist Danny, Danny discovers insects in his yard. He knows that all insects have six legs, so he counts the legs of several small creatures in his yard to determine which ones are insects. Entomology is the science that studies insects. Entomologist Danny, part of the Scientist Danny Set, is an F leveled, Upper Emergent reader. Read more books about insects: Stinkbugs in Danny’s House (Level C), Danny Looks for a Honeybee Yard (Level G), and the lap-sized Danny and the Monarch Butterfly (Level I).
Entomologist Danny can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Accelerated Reader® Emergent Reader Set
- Danny Collection
- Danny Leveled Set F
- Levels F-H MRB Upper Emergent Reading Set
- MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- Scientist Danny Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Print a Story Strip version of Ornithologist Danny with an activity sheet.
- Complete a Birds Dot-To-Dot to see what Ornithologist Danny sees in his backyard during the spring and summer.
- The Creepy Crawler Syllable Count is a fun word exercise after students read Entomologist Danny.
- Learn how to Examine Flowers Like a Scientist.
- Print The Woods Story Strip with an activity sheet.
- Get in touch with your senses with our Seasonal Scavenger Hunts.
- Write a Diamante Poem about nature and science.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about Scientist Danny.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Print Scientist Danny Book Labels for your classroom reading library. Level labels are formatted to print on the Avery Easy Peel® 5160 Labels template.