In Geologist Danny, Danny collects different sizes and colors of rocks in his yard. Danny is a geologist. Geologists learn about the earth by studying the nonliving elements that make up its surface. Geologist Danny, part of the Scientist Danny Set, is an E leveled, Emergent reader.
Geologist Danny can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Scientist Danny Set
- Levels D-E MRB Emergent Reading Set
- The Danny Collection
- Danny Leveled Set E
- The MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- The Accelerated Reader® Emergent Reader Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Print a Story Strip version of Ornithologist Danny with an activity sheet.
- Complete a Birds Dot-To-Dot to see what Ornithologist Danny sees in his backyard during the spring and summer.
- The Creepy Crawler Syllable Count is a fun word exercise after students read Entomologist Danny.
- Learn how to Examine Flowers Like a Scientist.
- Print The Woods Story Strip with an activity sheet.
- Get in touch with your senses with our Seasonal Scavenger Hunts.
- Write a Diamante Poem about nature and science.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about Scientist Danny.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Print Scientist Danny Book Labels for your classroom reading library. Level labels are formatted to print on the Avery Easy Peel® 5160 Labels template.
Melissa Lidtke –
I have used and really like the Danny books. The students LOVE Danny! We have so much success in using these because the students have fun discussing them. I integrate science and math into my literacy as much as possible, so any book with topics related to these subjects is helpful.