In Winter in the Woods, Danny and Bee explore the winter woods near their home. Everywhere they look, the quiet bare trees and drifts of white snow show signs of the animals and plants waiting for warmer weather. Winter in the Woods features original photography and has a glossary of new terms. The inside back cover includes instructions for young naturalists on how to make a paper-bag field journal to take with them when they go exploring. Winter in the Woods, part of the In the Woods with Danny and Bee Set, is a nonfiction/informational, K leveled, Early Fluent reader.
Winter in the Woods can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Levels I-M MRB Early Fluent Reading Set
- In the Woods with Danny and Bee
- The Danny Collection
- Danny Leveled Set I-J
- Nonfiction/Informational 50 Title Collection
- The MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- The Accelerated Reader® Transitional Reader Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Read The Woods Story Strip about animals you’d find in the woods.
- What is the Winter Solstice?
- Learn about Migration.
- Complete our Snow Flake Word Ladder.
- Warm up with a cup of Danny’s Hot Cocoa.
- Go on one of our Seasonal Scavenger Hunts.
- Search for signs of winter with our Winter Scavenger Hunt.
- It’s cold outside! Go on an Indoor Scavenger Hunt.
- A Haiku Poem is a short poem about nature. Write a Haiku using Norman and Bee’s Haiku for inspiration.
- Write an Acrostic Poem about winter. Use Danny’s Autumn Acrostic poem for inspiration.
- Explore the woods in winter, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about animals you’d find while exploring the woods.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Download a complete list of Glossary Words introduced in our nonfiction/informational titles.