In The Lost Dog, Dad finds a homemade sign posted on the front door by Amy, a girl in the neighborhood. The handwritten sign says that her little brown and white dog, Spot, is lost. Danny and Norman want to help Amy. They decide to become canine detectives and use their noses to search the neighborhood, hoping to find Spot. The Lost Dog, the eighth title in Danny’s Big Adventure Chapter Books Set, is a Level J, Early Fluent Reader.
The Lost Dog can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Danny’s Big Adventure Chapter Books
- Levels I-M MRB Early Fluent Reading
- The MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books
- Transitional Accelerated Reader®
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about a scene in The Lost Dog.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Learn more about Danny and his friends in the All About MRB Word Search.
- Read, Roll, and Chat about the story, sequence, and characters in this book.
- Use these Writing Tools for writing and comprehension practice.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Organize your Danny books in the classroom with a Danny Doghouse, complete with a chalkboard roof.
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.