In Moving, Danny is moving from the red house in the middle of the block where he has lived his entire life. He is sad and he is scared. Will he like his new room? Will he make new friends? Danny will miss his friend, Abby, and worries that she will forget him. Before the day of the move, Danny decides to make a memory jar to give to Abby so that she can remember the special times they shared. Moving, the sixth title in Danny’s Big Adventure Chapter Books Set, is a Level K, Early Fluent Reader.
Moving can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Danny’s Big Adventure Chapter Books
- Levels I-M MRB Early Fluent Reading
- MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books
- Transitional Accelerated Reader®
- Complete the Speech Bubbles with dialogue to retell the story in Moving.
- Create a Comic Speech Bubble about a scene in this book.
- Print a Story Strip version of Danny and Abby are Friends in English and Spanish.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Learn more about Danny and his friends in the All About MRB Word Search.
- Read, Roll, and Chat about the story, setting, and characters.
- Use these Writing Tools for writing and comprehension practice.
- Write an Acrostic Poem about moving. Use Danny’s Autumn Acrostic poem for inspiration. What would you include in your memory jar?
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Organize your Danny books in the classroom with a Danny Doghouse, complete with a chalkboard roof.
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.