Danny’s friend, Abby, wears a pink bandana with her embroidered name. My Very Own Abby, at 93/4″, tall is a great addition to your classroom and family.
Welcome the stuffed versions of Danny and his friends into the classroom and put them to work as reading and writing tools. Studies have demonstrated that stuffed animals can make great “book hooks.” The favorite stuffed character can also be a patient audience for a student practicing fluency by reading aloud. For younger students, stuffed animals can offer social and emotional support, as well as celebrate character traits.
Abby Books can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Danny Collection
- Danny is Back Set 4
- Danny Leveled Set E
- Danny Returns Set 6
- Emergent Accelerated Reader®
- Get to Know Danny Set 1
- Levels D-E MRB Emergent Reading
- More Fun with Danny Set 2
- MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Take a look and figure out What’s Happening Here?
- Print a Story Strip version of Danny and Abby are Friends in English and Spanish.
- Write a Limerick Poem. Use The Big Race poem for inspiration.
- Print your own set of Letter Tiles for word and sound practice.
- Write a Sensory Poem about the foods you like to eat. Use Danny’s What’s Cooking? poem for inspiration.
- Create a Comic Speech Bubble.
- Continue the story about a house cat with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Learn more about Danny and his friends in the All About MRB Word Search.
- Read, Roll, and Chat about the setting, sequence, story, and characters in this book.
- Use these Writing Tools for writing and comprehension practice.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Organize your books in the classroom with a Danny Doghouse, complete with a chalkboard roof.