In Looking for a Pony, Danny goes to a farm to look for a pony. He meets Lucky the Pony and discovers all the different things the pony can do. This is the first book in the Lucky the Pony Stories Set of titles. Looking for a Pony is a Level D, Emergent Reader.
A Looking for a Pony can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Levels D-E MRB Emergent Reading Set
- Lucky the Pony Stories
- MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- Use these directions to make a Farm Animal Cracker Box to store your farm books.
- Giddy up on over to our Giddy Up Word Ladder.
- Make a set of DIY farm animal stick puppets and put on a show about your farm animals.
- Learn more about Lucky Pony with our set of Lucky Pony Worksheets.
- Visit a farm, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Write a poem about the different colors of horses. Use Danny’s I Am Red color poem for inspiration.
- Organize what you know and what you’ve learned about horses with our KWL Chart.
Horses come in many different colors. Read along to match color words to lovely photographs of horses in a variety of colors. Horse Colors, part of the nonfiction/informational Favorite Farm Animals set, is a Level B, Early Emergent Reader.