Lucky the Pony lives in a horse stable on a farm. He enjoys his time on the farm and feels very lucky. He runs through the pastures, takes friends for rides, gets his hair brushed, and eats yummy foods. But, he does not like taking a bath! A Lucky Pony, part of the four-title Lucky the Pony Stories set, is a Level D, Emergent Reader.
A Lucky Pony can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Decodable Practice
- Emergent Accelerated Reader®
- Levels D-E MRB Emergent Reading
- Lucky the Pony Stories
- MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books
- Use these directions to make a Farm Animal Cracker Box to store your farm books.
- Giddy up on over to our Giddy Up Word Ladder.
- Make a set of DIY farm animal stick puppets and put on a show about your farm animals.
- Learn more with our set of Lucky Worksheets.
- Visit a farm, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Write a poem about the different colors of horses. Use Danny’s I Am Red color poem for inspiration.
- Organize what you know and what you’ve learned about horses with our KWL Chart.
- Create a Comic Speech Bubble about a horse.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
Horses come in many different colors. Read along to match color words to lovely photographs of horses in a variety of colors. Horse Colors, part of the nonfiction/informational Favorite Farm Animals set, is a Level B, Early Emergent Reader.