In Danny and Heather Share, meet Danny’s friend, Heather. Danny and Heather like to share their food, share their toys, share their secrets, and share their days together. This is a Level E, Emergent Reader.
Danny and Heather Share is part of the Out And About set of realistic fiction stories. The stories resemble real life and everyday situations. Realistic fiction provides a different type of literacy benefit to early readers. Stories take place in a believable setting and closely resemble real life. Reading stories that are classified as realistic fiction can help students better understand themselves and the world.
Danny’s real life friendship with Make-A-Wish child, Heather, was the inspiration for this book. Since their story was published in 2003, all proceeds from the sale of this book have gone to Heather’s hometown chapter of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America, where granting wishes helps make children feel stronger and more determined to overcome their illnesses.
Danny and Heather Share can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Danny Collection
- Danny Leveled Set E
- Decodable Practice
- Levels D-E MRB Emergent Reading
- MRB Menagerie
- Out And About
- Write an I Am Poem. Use the I Am Danny poem for inspiration.
- Write a Simile Poem about an animal. Use Norman’s I Went to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Write a Limerick Poem. Use The Big Race for inspiration.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble.
- Learn more about MaryRuth Books in the All About MRB Word Search.
- Read, Roll, and Chat about the setting, sequence, story, and characters in this book.
- Use these Writing Tools for writing and comprehension practice.
- Print your own set of Letter Tiles for word and sound practice.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Try our special Snack Mix recipe.
- Going camping? Make a Snack-on-a-Stick for easy snacking.