In Baby Elephant is Thirsty, the river bed has dried up and the elephants must go on the move to find more water. How far do Baby and Mother Elephant need to go before they find water? This book is a Level H, Upper Emergent Reader.
This title is part of the illustrated Baby Elephant Stories Set that includes: Lunch for Baby Elephant, Baby Elephant’s Trunk, Baby Elephant Goes for a Swim, Baby Elephant Runs Away, Berries for Baby Elephant, and Baby Elephant is Thirsty.
Baby Elephant is Thirsty Lap Book is part of the illustrated Baby Elephant Stories Lap Sized Set (8 1/2 x 8 1/2″) and includes: Baby Elephant Goes for a Swim Lap Book, Baby Elephant is Thirsty Lap Book, Baby Elephant Runs Away Lap Book, Lunch for Baby Elephant Lap Book, Berries for Baby Elephant Lap Book, and Baby Elephant’s Trunk Lap Book.
Baby Elephant is Thirsty can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Baby Elephant Stories
- Baby Elephant Stories Lap Books
- Early Accelerated Reader®
- The eBook 75 Membership
- The eBook75 Companion
- Levels F-H MRB Upper Emergent Reading
- MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books
- Small Group Reading Sets
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Learn more About Baby Elephant.
- Take apart and put back together a Baby Elephant Mixed-Up Sentence.
- Write a Limerick Poem about it. Use Danny’s The Big Race poem for inspiration.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about Baby Elephant.
- Continue the story about Baby Elephant with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Learn more about Danny and his friends in the All About MRB Word Search.
Our Read with a Friend Poster reminds you that it’s always a good time to read with a friend! How do you keep young minds from wandering? Colorful, fun posters can create a more stimulating and interesting environment for learning. Use our full-color posters to decorate your classroom and remind students that it’s always a good time for reading.