In Ornithologist Danny, Danny is looking for birds in his yard. Birds are easy for children to observe and entertaining for them to watch. Reading and talking about birds is also a fun way for young students to practice color words. Ornithologist Danny, part of the Scientist Danny Set, is a C leveled, Early Emergent reader.
Ornithologist Danny can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Levels A-C MRB Early Emergent Reading Set
- Scientist Danny Set
- The Danny Collection
- Danny Leveled Set C
- The MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- The Accelerated Reader® Emergent Reader Set
- The eBook 75 Membership
- The eBook75 Companion Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Print a Story Strip version of Ornithologist Danny with an activity sheet.
- Complete a Birds Dot-To-Dot to see what Ornithologist Danny sees in his backyard during the spring and summer.
- The Creepy Crawler Syllable Count is a fun word exercise after students read Entomologist Danny.
- Learn how to Examine Flowers Like a Scientist.
- Print The Woods Story Strip with an activity sheet.
- Get in touch with your senses with our Seasonal Scavenger Hunts.
- Write a Diamante Poem about nature and science.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about Scientist Danny.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Print Scientist Danny Book Labels for your classroom reading library. Level labels are formatted to print on the Avery Easy Peel® 5160 Labels template.