In A Fish Story, meet Fish. He lives in a fish bowl and eats fish food. He has a friend, Danny, who peeks in on Fish… and Fish peeks back. This is the first title in the five-book Fish Stories series of leveled titles for Early Emergent to Upper Emergent readers. A Fish Story is a Level C, Early Emergent Reader.
A Fish Story can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Make Fish’s Favorite Snack Mix.
- Create a Comic Speech Bubble about Fish.
- Mix up some Gingerbread Playdough.
- Write a Sensory Poem about the foods fish like to eat. Use Danny’s What’s Cooking? poem for inspiration.
- Visit an aquarium, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Organize what you know and what you’ve learned about aquarium animals with our KWL Chart.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Learn more about Danny and his friends in the All About MRB Word Search.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
The Aquarium Collection features amazing sea animals found at the aquarium: Beluga Whales, Jellies, the Manatee, the Moray Eel, the Octopus, Sea Turtles, Seahorses, and Sharks. The original photography, factual information, labeled illustrations, and glossaries of subject-specific words will engage and propel aspiring marine biologists everywhere.