Danny has changed so much since he was born. See how Danny grows from a newborn puppy to a very, very big dog. Follow along in Danny’s Timeline Lap Book as Danny remembers how much he has grown and changed each day, week, month, and year of his life. Danny’s Timeline Lap Book is a D leveled, Emergent title. Danny’s Timeline Lap Book, the larger, lap-sized version of Danny’s Timeline, is the perfect size for reading aloud with children who are just beginning to read on their own.
Danny’s Timeline Lap Book is part of the Early Childhood Unit 1 Kit: All About Me. The interactions between Danny and Bee, in the specially selected six books, teach emotional awareness, and encourage empathy and self-regulation. Each book’s corresponding lesson plan is tailored to teach the principles of self-sufficiency, emotional awareness, and empathy demonstrated in the books.
Each themed unit consists of six lap-sized (8.5 x 8.5″) books, a coordinating set of detailed, hands-on lesson plans tailored to teach the principles demonstrated in the books, and a My Very Own Danny, featured in the Unit 1 books.
Danny’s Timeline can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Danny is Back Set 4
- Danny’s Small Group Reading Set
- Levels D-E MRB Emergent Reading Set
- All About Me EC Unit 1
- The Danny Collection
- Danny Leveled Set D
- The MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- The eBook 75 Membership
- The eBook75 Companion Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Write a Limerick Poem about Danny. Use Danny’s The Big Race poem for inspiration.
- Write an I Am Poem about Danny. Use Danny’s I Am Danny poem for inspiration.
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about Danny.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Organize your Danny books in the classroom with a Danny Doghouse, complete with its own chalkboard roof.
- Print Danny is Back Book Labels for your classroom reading library. Level labels are formatted to print on the Avery Easy Peel® 5160 Labels template.
“I love that these books are bigger. Some kids just need more space. The larger words (font) and space between them works for kids who have trouble with a smaller fonts.”
–Lori, teacher from Fond Du Lac, WI