In Danny and Bee Play Together, Danny and Bee like to spend time with each other. Even though Danny is much bigger than Bee, Danny takes special care when playing with his best friend. Danny and Bee Play Together Lap Book is a D leveled, Emergent title.
Danny and Bee Play Together Lap Book is part of the Early Childhood Unit 2 Kit: Playing and Learning Together. The interactions between Danny and Bee, in the specially selected six books, teach emotional awareness, and encourage empathy and self-regulation. Each book’s corresponding lesson plan is tailored to teach the principles of self-sufficiency, emotional awareness, and empathy demonstrated in the books.
Each themed unit consists of six lap-sized (8.5 x 8.5″) books, a coordinating set of detailed, hands-on lesson plans tailored to teach the principles demonstrated in the books, and a My Very Own Mini Bee, just like Danny’s toy, Bee, featured in the Unit 2 books.
Danny and Bee Play Together can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Hot Diggity Danny Set 8
- Levels D-E MRB Emergent Reading Set
- Danny’s Small Group Reading Set
- The MRB Menagerie
- Playing and Learning Together EC Unit 2
- The Danny Collection
- Danny Leveled Set D
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- The Accelerated Reader® Emergent Reader Set
- Use these directions to make our Menagerie Animal Cracker Box to store your books.
- Write a Rhyming Couplet about Danny and Bee. Use Danny’s Where’s Bee poem for inspiration.
- Go on an Indoor Scavenger Hunt.
- Print and complete a Bike Ride Word Ladder.
- Examine a Bike Safety What’s Happening Here?
- Explore Poetry with Danny and Bee for poetry activities and templates.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about Danny.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Print and fold a Danny Fortune Teller about Danny and his friends.
- Organize your Danny books in the classroom with a Danny Doghouse, complete with its own chalkboard roof.
- Print Hot Diggity Danny Book Labels for your classroom reading library. Level labels are formatted to print on the Avery Easy Peel® 5160 Labels template.
“I love that these books are bigger. Some kids just need more space. The larger words (font) and space between them works for kids who have trouble with a smaller fonts.”
–Lori, teacher from Fond Du Lac, WI