Since meeting the chickens and the fox in the first title of the popular series, The Chickens and the Fox, young readers have seen the sly fox try over and over to outwit the clever chickens. In Who’s in the Chicken Coop?, they wonder about the fluffy new chicken in the chicken coop. All the hens are clucking about her strange feet and large, toothy beak. Better watch out! Who’s in the Chicken Coop?, part of the illustrated The Chickens and the Fox set, is a G leveled, Upper Emergent title.
Who’s in the Chicken Coop? can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- The Chickens and the Fox Set
- Levels F-H MRB Upper Emergent Set
- The MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books Set
- The Accelerated Reader® Emergent Reader Set
- The eBook 75 Membership
- The eBook75 Companion Set
- Use these directions to make a Chickens and Fox Animal Cracker Box to store your farm books.
- Make a set of DIY farm animal stick puppets and put on a show about your farm animals.
- Take apart the Chicken School Mixed-Up Sentence and put it back together again.
- Go from a chicken to a fox with our Chicken and Fox Word Ladder.
- Look in the chickens’ coop and figure out What’s Happening Here?
- Visit a farm, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about the chickens and the fox.
- Continue the stories with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Learn more about Danny and his friends in the All About MRB Word Search.