Who’s the fluffy new chicken in the chicken coop? The chickens are clucking about her strange feet and large, toothy beak. Better watch out! Who’s in the Chicken Coop?, part of the illustrated Chickens and the Fox set, is a Level G, Upper Emergent Reader.
Who’s in the Chicken Coop? can be found in the following Sets and Collections:
- Chickens and the Fox
- The eBook 75 Membership
- The eBook75 Companion
- Emergent Accelerated Reader®
- Levels F-H MRB Upper Emergent
- MRB Menagerie
- Reading Recovery® Books
- Use these directions to make a Chickens and Fox Animal Cracker Box to store your farm books.
- Make a set of DIY farm animal stick puppets and put on a show about your farm animals.
- Take apart the Chicken School Mixed-Up Sentence and put it back together again.
- Go from a chicken to a fox with our Chicken and Fox Word Ladder.
- Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Find out with our Chicken or Egg Word Ladder.
- Look in the chickens’ coop and figure out What’s Happening Here?
- Visit a farm, then write an Animal Simile Poem about it. Use Norman’s A Trip to the Zoo poem for inspiration.
- Create your own Comic Speech Bubble about the chickens and the fox.
- Continue the story with a Three-Panel Story Strip or a Six-Panel Story Strip.
- Color and send your own Custom Danny Card.
- Learn more about Danny and his friends in the All About MRB Word Search.
- Organize your Danny books in the classroom with a Danny Doghouse, complete with a chalkboard roof.